The Centre for Independent Living NI (CILNI) is an organisation of disabled people, working to support disabled people choosing to take more control over their arrangements for personal support.
We believe that independent living is important and aim to raise awareness about Direct Payments as a way for disabled people to have more control over their own lifestyles and participate more fully in the community in which they live.
CILNI provides a range of services to disabled people, including older people, people with learning disability and mental health service users.
What services does Centre for Independent Living NI provide?
CILNI provides services to disabled people considering or using Direct Payments to employ staff to provide personal assistance:
- Information on all aspects of independent living and Direct Payments.
- Advice on using Direct Payments and being a good employer.
- Advocacy for people who may require help to identify their support needs and express views.
- Help for Direct Payments users with developing the skills and competence to be good employers.
- Peer Support to encourage the development of local networks of Direct Payments users to share their experience and expertise and provide mutual support.
- Training for social care professionals on issues around independent living and Direct Payments.
Full membership of Centre for Independent Living NI is open to all disabled or older people who support the ethos of independent living.
Membership will enable you to contribute your expertise and experience to this dynamic organisation and allow you to have a say in the future direction of our work.
The work of CILNI is decided by its membership and we will research any aspect of independent living that disabled people may identify as requiring action (e.g. housing, transport etc)
Non-disabled people and organisations who support the principles of independent living are welcome to join CILNI as Associate Members.
If you would like further information about Centre for Independent Living NI or an application form for membership, please contact:
Centre for Independent Living NI
Beechill Business Park
96 Beechill Road
Tel 028 9064 8546
Fax 028 9064 0598
Textphone 028 9064 8546
- Centre for Independent Living NI is registered as a company limited by guarantee in Northern Ireland (Company no. 058552) with its registered office at: Linden House, Beechill Business Park, 96 Beechill Road. Belfast BT8 7QN.
- CILNI is recognised as a charity for tax purposes by HM Revenue and Customs (Charity no. XR62285).
- Our VAT registration number is no. 983 9777 37.